Adult Protective Services Worker
People supported by the APSW will reside in Kenora & surrounding area
Some travel in the Far North required
Kenora Association for Community Living is accepting applications for the position of Full-Time Adult Protective Services Worker. This is a unique opportunity to engage in advocacy initiatives within Northwestern Ontario. The successful applicant must demonstrate an understanding of KACL’s values and a commitment to its service delivery principles. This Management position is contingent on funding.
Consideration will be given to the following criterion,
· A four year degree in one of the following disciplines: Psychology, Social Work, Sociology, Education, Social Sciences or the Humanities, or a related field;
· A minimum of two years’ experience in a similar or related multidisciplinary field;
· Demonstrated experience in case management;
· Demonstrated aptitude in creative problem-solving and decision making;
· Excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
· Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective and constructive working relationships with consumers, and others who are, or might be, instrumental in achieving work-related goals;
· Able to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as cooperatively and collaboratively as part of a team;
· Computer skills – proven ability to work with Microsoft Office and Windows;
- Must be willing and available to work evenings and weekends;
- Must be willing and available to be part of KACL’s on-call schedule;
- Must be willing to travel for extended periods to other communities within District;
· Must possess a valid Driver’s Licence. Daily use of a personal vehicle is required.
· Fluency in an Indigenous language an asset.
Details for Submissions:
Deadline: Applications must be submitted by October 19, 2018;
PLEASE QUOTE COMPETITION NUMBER 2018-47 ON YOUR APPLICATION
Submit to: Please complete an on-line application at
Please complete an on-line application at kacl.ca