Reporting to the Senior IT Specialist, this position works as a team member in the effective installation, configuration, operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of systems and communications hardware, software and related infrastructure ensuring reliable, stable operation of on-site systems and communications using leading edge technologies & software. The individual participates in technical research & development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. The Junior IT Specialist is an essential part of data/voice/video/security/network operations and radio communications onsite. The successful applicant will gain experience with enterprise grade systems including Microsoft HyperV, VMWare vSphere, Cisco unified communications, Windows Server 2016/2019, Exchange 2016, SharePoint Online, SAP ERP solutions, security, video, collaboration/messaging solutions amongst other things.
- IT Specialist will have 1-3 years working experience in the IT Industry
- University/College degree/diploma in Computer Science/Information Technology accounts payable experience
- Sound knowledge of TCP/IP and basic networking principles and working knowledge of Microsoft based products (not limited to) Active Directory, Exchange, Skype for Business, SharePoint Online, Windows 10, Office 2016/365.
- Exposure to large ERP systems (SAP, Oracle, Ellipse)
- Strong communication skills and customer service orientation complemented by demonstrated problem solving
- Root-cause determination skills are an asset
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage numerous projects in a time sensitive manner is essential