The mill operator role reports into the Mill Supervisor and completes the following tasks:
• Ensure the safe & efficient operation of all areas in the mill.
• Report any unsafe conditions to your supervisor immediately.
• Other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
• Ensure that guidelines are adhered to.
• Inspect the circuits regularly to detect any trouble spots and have them corrected as quickly as possible.
• Advise the supervisor of any problem areas.
• Maintain a clean and safe work area.
• As time allows, be available for training in different areas of the mill.
• Change circuits on a regular basis to gain experience within the plant.
• 3 plus years in milling environment
• 4th class power engineer certification
• Must be willing to relocate or rent in the Rainy River District, Located in North Western Ontario
• Previous experience working in the mill or industrial environment is considered an asset
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Proficient with computer and computer based equipment
• Ability to read and comprehend instructions and signage
• Ability to work safely and effectively in a team environment as well as independently
• Able to work a 7 day 12 hour per day rotation with day and night shift schedule