Are you an efficient office administration professional with excellent organizational skills? If so, consider this position with the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry, Regional Operations Division in Fort Frances District.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
• Provide front-line customer and client services to internal and external clients by providing explanations on ministry policies, procedures and requirements and assisting in the completion of associated forms.
• Refer/redirect technical/professional client inquiries to appropriate staff or other agencies.
• Provide a range of administrative services such as: producing approvals/permits/licences under various legislation; arranging, participating and recording minutes of meetings; composing routine correspondence; receiving incoming and preparing outgoing mail; logistical support to district supervisors and teams; organizing and maintaining district filing systems; maintaining office supplies and equipment; compiling data and drafting reports.
• Assist in the district financial process by receiving revenue, preparing receipts, making bank deposits, entering data, balancing Point of Sale terminal, and maintaining district financial records, etc.
• Assist in human resource functions such as completion of hiring documents, tracking and filing of hiring forms, etc.
Location: Fort Frances
How do I qualify?
• Ability to obtain Restricted Radio/Telephone Operator's Certificate.
• Typing and keyboarding skills to ministry/local standards.
Planning and Organizational Skills:
• You have the ability to effectively manage a demanding workload with multiple priorities.
• You are able to use effective time management skills to ensure deadlines are met.
• You have the ability to effectively plan, monitor and track multiple deadlines and processes (e.g. new staff requirements; critical deadlines; recurring meetings; licence renewals, etc.).
• You are able to convey information, respond to inquiries, resolve complaints and issues using tact and diplomacy with clients, the general public and staff.
• You have the ability to create and/or proofread critical correspondence in relation to hiring, issue management, finances, etc.
Judgement and Analytical skills:
• You are able to determine nature and urgency of matters, inquiries and processes and prioritize, action or refer accordingly.
• You have the ability to interpret and apply relevant, policies, procedures, directives, guidelines, regulations and/or statutes (e.g. Crown Forest Sustainability and Fish and Wildlife Conservation acts, Public Lands Act).
• You are able to identify and resolve discrepancies in reports and financial data.
• You are able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Office Administration Experience:
• You have demonstrated experience with office administrative duties such as human resources, purchasing, revenue collection procedures, assets management, tracking correspondence/projects, arranging meetings/travel, maintaining supplies and office equipment manual and automated filing.
• You are proficient with computers and software programs such as word-processing, database, electronic mail, internet, spreadsheet and financial and revenue applications to format and prepare correspondence and reports, input and retrieve data and maintain computerized records.
Salary Range: $23.33 - $27.13 per hour
· 1 Temporary, duration up to 12 months (with possible extension), 922 Scott St, Fort Frances, North Region
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 136175, by Tuesday, June 25, 2019.Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.