SUMMARY: Bimose Tribal Council is seeking an individual with excellent organizational and time management skills. To be successful in this position, the candidate must be results oriented and have the demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize workflow.
The Administrative Assistant/Reception will be the first point of contact for the Bimose Tribal Council central office. This position is responsible for managing office procedures and providing administrative support to the Board of Directors, Executive Director, Management and staff with a focus on Human Resources and Finance.
- Oversee all aspects of general office coordination
- Prepare correspondence, reports, and other documents
- Manage the storage, filing and security of documents
- Maintain schedules, calendars, attendance boards
- Assist Human Resources activities including but not limited to recruitment, record keeping and data entry
- Assist Financial activities including but not limited to ordering, record keeping and data entry
- Organize and participate in meetings including: engaging participants, preparation of agenda, recording and distribution of minutes, meeting packages, meeting rooms including all equipment and supplies
- Assist with the preparation of presentations & proposals
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of First Nation, Tribal Council, operational and employee information
- Clerical and other office related duties as required.
- A College Diploma, five years of related work experience, or a combination of education and experience
- Knowledge and proficiency of Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated ability in office administration, methods and procedures
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and communication skills
- Ability to work independently without supervision
- Previous Human Resources experience
- An awareness of member First Nations and other organizations
- Understanding of the Ojibway language and culture
- Access to own transportation and a valid driver’s license
Bimose Tribal Council
Attention: Human Resource Administrator
598 Lakeview Drive Kenora, ON, P9N 3P7