Full Time Community Support Worker (CSW)
Ever wish your skills with people could be used to make a real difference in your community? Join us and make it happen.
Since 1960, KACL has promoted inclusion and social justice in our community. We are a not-for-profit, charitable organization made up of some of the most compassionate, caring, and hardworking people you’ll ever meet.
We are the fourth largest employer in Kenora, and our goal is to become the employer of choice by focusing on safety, courtesy, teamwork, and service excellence.
The work of our Community Support Worker in the Intensive Support Residences supports KACL’s programs by enhancing their impact and enabling the achievement of our mission. As CSW your gifts and abilities will help us build a resilient, connected community where everyone belongs.
· Experienced: You have a diploma in a field that you think makes you a good candidate for working with people, or at least 3 years of hands-on experience in a similar role.
· People Focused: You know that empathy is a verb and that respecting others means finding creative ways for consumers to find their joy.
· Enthusiastic: You see potential in the consumers you support and get excited to see people meet their own goals and find purpose in their lives.
· Resilient: You’re fuelled by your own impact, celebrate even the small wins and treat everyday like a new opportunity.
· Motivated: You get excited by the hard stuff, you will be a great advocate because you will help consumers have their voices heard.
· Figure out what consumers want to do in a day – and do it with them.
· Support consumers in all acts of daily living, including meal prep, house cleaning, laundry and cooking.
· Provide care in a respectful and dignified way.
· Be an advocate for the consumers you support.
· A positive, productive, professional team.
· Our “learning from home” program options.
· Great medical, dental, vision, and disability coverage.
· Our pension plan.
· Opportunity for leadership and technical training.
· Our cross-training opportunities.
· Annual salary range: $52,221 to $53,344
Details for Submission:
Deadline: Applications must be submitted by September 22nd, 2020.
Submit to: Please complete an on-line application at kacl.ca
Please complete an online application on our Careers page at kacl.ca