POSITION: Medical Laboratory Technologist
EMPLOYER NAME: Riverside Health Care Facilities Inc.
EMPLOYER ADDRESS: 110 Victoria Ave. Fort Frances, ON P9A 2B7
POSTED DATE: April 01, 2021
JOB REF #: 23-2021
LOCATION: Fort Frances, ON
#OF POSITIONS: Two(2)
EMPLOYMENT TERM: Full-Time
LENGTH OF EMPLOYMENT: Permanent
APPLY BY: May 07, 2021
HOW TO APPLY: Email; firstname.lastname@example.org
CONTACT NAME: Human Resources
CONTACT FAX: 807 274 2898
EMPLOYER WEBSITE: https://riversidehealthcare.ca/
In this role the successful candidate(s) would be expected to carry out general laboratory duties as required in the following departments; Haematology/ Bacteriology/ Transfusion medicine/ Biochemistry / Parasitology/ Serology/ Specimen procurement and handling; perform all work assignments safely and in compliance with relevant regulations, policies and procedures; and participate in the Laboratory Quality Management Program.
Position: Permanent Full-Time (37.5 hours per week); must be willing to work overtime, weekend, day, night, and evening shifts as well as take call.
Salary: starting at $38.50/hour or higher
Benefits: As per Non-Union Professional/Technical plan: medical, dental, disability, life insurance, group insurance, pension plan, and vision care.
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
• Registered Medical Laboratory Technologist;
• Member of the College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Ontario (CMLTO), or be eligible and apply for membership;
• Hospital experience is an asset.
Security and Safety: Immunization records; Tuberculosis; Vulnerable Sector Check.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; physically demanding; Manual dexterity; Attention to detail; Standing for extended periods; Bending, crouching, kneeling
Personal Suitability: Effective interpersonal skills; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication; Patient focus; Judgement; Reliability; Organized
Successful candidate(s) would possess the following:
• Dependable, competent and continued ability to carry out responsibilities;
• Demonstrate high level of professional responsibility;
• Proficient in computer database application i.e. HIS/LIS;
• Proven ability to work independently as well as in a team,
• Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills;
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal skill with the ability to function effectively independently, within a team, with front line personnel , and management;
• Demonstrated ability to function effectively in a fast paced healthcare environment with excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize workload;
• Dependable with a verifiable acceptable attendance record;
• Proven ability to perform the essential duties of the position on a regular basis.
Interested candidates are invited to confidentially explore this opportunity by submitting their resume and cover letter to: Human.Resources@rhcf.on.ca
All applications must be received before: May 07, 2021