Full-Time Resource Teacher – Kids’ Zone
Kenora Association for Community Living is accepting applications for the position of Full-Time Resource Teacher in the Kids’ Zone program. Under the guidance, coaching and supervision of the Supervisor, the Resource Teacher (RT) works in partnership with families, teams within Kids’ Zone and other service providers toward the effective creation of inclusive environments that permit each child to learn. The RT promotes collaboration amongst the team to ensure that the early learning environment is in alignment with KACL’s values, vision and mission, and creates conditions where children and families feel safe, experience a sense of belonging, and have opportunities to thrive.
Consideration will be given to the following criteria;
· Registered and in good standing with the Ontario College of Early Childhood Education or post-secondary program of studies approved by the Ministry of Education.
· Minimum 2 years of experience working with children with special needs
· Demonstrated practical experience working with children ages 0-12.
· Ability to plan play based, inclusive learning structures and environments for children that support the four conditions for children to grow and flourish: belonging, wellbeing, engagement and expression.
· Capable of implementing resources, supports, modifications and accommodations, based on the interests needs and abilities of all children.
· Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate are essential.
· Ability to interact cooperatively and effectively with individuals served, co-workers, and management; high level of commitment towards the individuals we support as well as to the values, vision and Mission of KACL.
Details for Submissions:
Deadline: Postiion is open until vacancies are filled;
Submit to: Please complete an on-line application at kacl.ca
PLEASE QUOTE POSITION NUMBER 2020-22 ON YOUR APPLICATION
Please complete an on-line application on our Careers page at kacl.ca