Terms of employment:
Environmental and Science
New Gold - Rainy River Mine
Job Description (upload):
- Adhere to and improve procedures and practices for survey data collection
- Coordinate mine survey data collection activities and assist Drill and Blast EIT with daily activities.
- Ensure survey data is compiled into correct formats and positioning systems to the required accuracy
- Conduct spot checks and regular audits on Heavy Equipment GPS units to ensure data accuracy
- Conduct and responsible for monthly reconciliation of all ore, waste and stockpile movements
- Ensure adherence and compliance to HSE practices, policies and procedures including risk assessment
- Perform engineering and construction surveys as and when required.
- Provide supervision, direction and coaching to Mine Surveyor and ensure understanding and compliance.
- Organize survey coverage for holidays and absenteeism
- Organize servicing of survey light vehicles and routine calibration and maintenance of other survey equipment
- Maintain all surface control points for geotechnical monitoring.
- Responsible for maintaining the mine status map for accuracy and updating as required.
- Working with Drill and Blast EIT and Drill and Blast supervisor to perform tasks such as pattern design, loading instructions, timing prints, QA/QC field checks and approvals for issuing prints.
Schedule: 14 on/14 off -12-hour days
Thursday, September 14, 2023