- Evaluate current Control Room operations and develop training plan for optimization.
- Maintain compliance with corporate, governmental and site environmental and safety policies, procedures, andregulations. Create awareness of unsafe and/or environmentally harmful behavior.
- Provide the leadership and direction necessary to ensure the operating integrity of the mill staying within the requirements of budgeted costs and production and planned targets.
- Effectively communicate and coordinate operating strategies to all personnel involved in operating the Mill ControlRoom.
- Work with Process Control Technician to ensure that proper programming and safeguards are in place for safeand efficient operation of equipment.
- Develop trouble shooting matrix to assist Operations in making informed and proper decisions.
- Regularly tour and inspect the Mill areas to identify and address any health and safety, environmental, production,equipment, and employee issues.
- Assist in development of Parcview trends and alarms to assist with Operations.
- Ensure employees have a clear understanding of work objectives and expectations of performance levels.
- Ensure that direct reports are provided with the training required for their current tasks and future needs.
- Ensure all incidents are reported, adequately investigated, and entered in INX in a timely manner.
- Supporting and participating in process improvement initiatives, such as optimization of plant processes andreducing downtime.
- Analyzing data and troubleshooting equipment malfunctions or process problems, working with maintenance andoperations personnel to resolve issues as they arise.